Monday, April 30, 2012

Yoga with Dylan

On Sunday my sister and I took the kids down to the beach in Malibu.  It was overcast, but warm and fun.  The kids had a blast and Dylan had quite the little yoga routine going on, we were cracking up watching him.  It went something like this...


First, you start out on the towel, but only for a second, while you do a quick meditation.  Make sure you grab a foot for this calming exercise.Then, you roll well away from the towel, making sure you perform a "swim like" maneuver with your arms while working your fingers in the sand... DON'T FORGET TO SMILE!

Lastly, for the ultimate stretch, you alternate foot grabbing - right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot and so on until you get tired and then kick both legs out simultaneously.  This exercise is best when done in wet sand.  Don't worry about getting all dirty - that's the best part!  These yoga poses can be repeated throughout the day for maximum happiness. :)

Hailey and Lukey had fun too.  This was Luke's first time to the beach since he has been walking and it was a little hard but that didn't stop him from making his way to the water with sister.



 After all sister is soooo much fun!




 My attempt to get a picture with the littles...  this was the best we could get.


 Dylan loves to fly
 Photo courtesy of Hailey





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I love the ocean :) your kids (and you) are lucky to live close by it :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! I love the little yoga routine. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing Dylan. He is about a year older then Leo (I think) and so I love to see what is in store for Leo. You have a beautiful family. You have me thinking about preschool for Leo even though it is a year away. It didn't hit me till I read about it on your blog that the therapists would stop coming to me when Leo turned 3. I knew it but didn't fully think about what that would mean. Thank Dylan for paving the way for all of us following.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. If you would like me to reply to your comment click on "subscribe by email" at the bottom of the page.